Ever wondered how to apply lipstick like a professional? Maybe you just want to try a bold new shade and need the best tips for a perfect application. While there is not a definitive right or wrong way to apply lipstick, there are some tips to getting the best application possible. Let's get started and show you the essential tools for a perfect lipstick application.Having the right tools can make any lipstick go on perfectly.
You will need:
- Lip polish
- Lip treatment
- Lip liner that matches your lip tone
- Reverse lip liner
- Lip brush
- Matte lipstick
- Gloss or a lipshine
Browse through the slides to learn the steps!
1.)Exfoliate your lips with a lip polish. This will remove any surface dry skin and if done consistently can even help with fine lines and texture issues around the lip area.
2. Treat your lips to some moisture! It is likely that you are using an eye cream to care for your eye area. The same care factors should apply to your mouth- equally thin layers of skin. Moisturize your lip region nightly but especially for the best lipstick application.
3. Line your lips with a lip pencil that is the same color as your lips. Consider this a MUST HAVE in your lip wardrobe. You can literally use it with any lip color and is a key tips for anyone that struggles with mature, dry or uneven lip shapes. Use the dot-dot-dash technique to get the base shape you want. Then connect the dots and FILL IN the lips with this shade.
4. Using your lip brush, load up on matter lipstick. Start in the center of the lips and blend out. Use the tip of the brush to perfectly coincide with your lip liner. The brush will give you a saturated application without overdoing it on product. It will also give you the most professional edge.
5. Use your clear, waxy reverse lip liner to “fence in” your lip line. Play closest attention to the cupid’s bow and lower lip line. This is a CRITICAL step for mature or uneven lip shapes. It will prevent feathering and movement. It can also be an excellent trick for larger lips to keep product in place.
An optional final step: apply a gloss or lipshine to the center of the lower lip. This will give your lips that natural pout and make smaller lips appear larger and fuller.
Do you feel a little overwhelmed by these steps? Do not fear- it’s a lot easier than it seems. If you struggle with lipstick application or getting the fullness you are searching for then think about incorporating some of these steps into your daily skincare routine. Specifically steps one and two. If your lips are softer and more subtle, anything is going to go on smoother and last longer. Scrubbing a few times a week and treating your lips to moisture nightly can make all the difference in the world. Then you only have four steps for the ultimate professional lipstick application. Now that doesn’t seem so daunting does it?