MY TOP 10 FACE PRIMERS FOR OVER 40 SKIN
BY SONIA ROSELLI
Happy Monday Kittens!
Today I want to show you a few of my favorite makeup primers for gals over 40.
I know a lot of people say you shouldn't use primers on the skin, but I tend to disagree. After 40 we need all the help we can get.
I don't know about you, some days I look in the mirror I say "what the hell? I swear I was just 17 like yesterday!" HA!
I am currently working on developing a primer that smooths out fine lines and wrinkles and gives us flawless skin....But until I get my primer just right, here are some of my favorites for you to choose from.
As a professional makeup artist, I love a good skin prep routine for any age. After 40, skin prep is critical. I put on an average of 6 skin prep beauty products on most of my women over 40.
I kept the list small and tight so you can choose which one suits your pocketbook. You can't go wrong with any of these.
- Primer goes on after moisturizer and after sunscreen.
- A little goes a long way.
- Don't massage into the skin. It should "lay" on top of the skin and let the skin drink it in.
- Apply with fingers and let it glide on the top.
- Pair similar textures of foundation to work with primers.
- Be sure not to put on too many "thick" layers at once. Small thin layers of skin prep works best. Too many layers can leave a film on the skin and cause your foundation to "slide" on the face.