Happy Friday Glossibuttons!
I recently received an email from a reader who just turned 50. She writes:
I'm sure your daughter just wanted you to be hip and cool like the rest of her friends, but the truth is, most "eyeshadow palettes" are way to metallic and shimmery for most anyone over the age of 50, especially their beloved Naked Palettes.
Metallic textures emphasize fine lines, wrinkles and crepy skin. I don't know about you but I'm not trying to showcase that. HA!
Here are some basic "guidelines" to help you look more youthful and fresh.
Ps. With these tips, you'll also save a shit ton of time getting ready. HA!
TOP 10 EYESHDOW GUIDELINES FOR MY OVER 50 GALS
- Neutral and minimal eyeshadow is key for daytime.
- Liner and lashes are your friends.
- Wetting your dark shadow colors can act as an eye liner to create more definition. :)
- For evening, dim lighting will allow you to wear more opacity for a more smoldering look.
- Stay away from unrefined textures. Look for soft, buttery, finely milled textures.
- Mattes, cream mattes and shimmer washes are safe.
- Having good eye brushes are a must.
- Your crease becomes more prominent as you age. Don't use too dark of shadows if you have a crease that is receding.
- When in doubt, blend it out. Blending is critical.
- Bold, colorful color eyeshadows make great eyeliners to jazz up your look.
Don't have time to follow the guidelines? Here are my top 10 picks that are great for almost anyone.
Hope this helps you find the perfect shadow texture to help you look like the hot sexy beast you are.