Brush Pearl Ultrasonic Brush Cleaner Review
As a professional makeup artist I absolutely HATE to wash my makeup brushes. So when I saw this come up on our Glossible Facebook Group I immediately went to Amazon to purchase. I will do ANYTHING to keep from washing the hundreds of brushes I do a week.
WHAT IT IS
BrushPearl Brush Cleaner is an ultrasonic cleanser that is supposed to make your brush cleansing life easy. Will it? Let's find out.
From the Amazon website, here is what the product claims:
About the Product
- Cleans with ultrasonic technology and no damaging friction to your brush investment.
- Cleans with a three step process of wash, rinse, and dry cycles.
- First time cleaning in BrushPearl may require two cleaning cycles at the longest setting due to buildup. After that, a weekly one cycle cleaning is recommended.
- BrushPearl Cleaner includes a 4 ounce sample bottle of BrushPearl Cleanser.
- Cleans all brands and shapes of brushes including skin (i.e. Clarisonic ) and kabuki style brushes.
BRUSH PEARL HOW TO VIDEO
In the video they say that really "soiled" brushes will need several washes or "Pre-cleaning". Well, what's the point? I can clean a really soiled brush in less than 30 minutes. But before I give it more of a side eye, here is my review.
- Too expensive for as much work as you need to do.
- The BrushPearl 8 oz Liquid cleaner is their hero product.
- Too much work when I can wash by hand faster.
- Not so great for pros. It would take you hours. I can wash 200 brushes in less than 1 hour.
- I didn't find they got that clean, not to my standards anyway.
- If I have to "pre-clean" before I use the machine, what's the point?
- I know I didn't close the lid all the way but in all honesty, getting the brushes in and out of those holes was a lot of work.
- As a pro makeup artist we need to dry and reshape the brushes. This doesn't allow you to do that as easy as you can by hand.
- Getting the brushes to line up so they actually hit the water is challenging. So shorter brushes may have a hard time while larger brushes may not be able to hold in the "slider holes".
WHAT I DO LIKE
Hope this review was helpful. What do you think? Leave a comment below.