SAY GOODBYE TO CAKE FACE AND HELLO GORGEOUS SKIN!
BY SONIA ROSELLI
Hey Pro Peeps! Our gal Cassie had a question and you know me....it's not as easy as making a product rec...ya'll know I have to tell yawl why I love something...so Cassie, this is for you!
Have you ever been on set and find yourself looking for the perfect setting powder but can't seem to find it? Maybe what you need isn't a setting powder at all! Enter the Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender
>>WHAT IT IS
A unique silicone gel like substance that acts as a “setting powder” without the dry ashy look of powder. No one wants to look ashy. That shit ain’t cute on anyone!
>>WHAT IT DOES
- This “unpowder” reduces the appearance of pores
- Mattes the skin..softly not in a wrinkly crusty way
- Refreshes your makeup that you took so much care to apply
- Sets your makeup for HD filming
- Helps makeup wear longer (I don’t know if this is entirely true as mostly skin tones determine that more than product) Your mileage may vary
>>Pro Notes: I am here to say that this shit really does work and I’m like obsessed with it. I got some from Mally herself then Andie Cumber stole it from me. (I’m still mad at her for that!) I may take her to the playground and beat her up over it. She loved it too!
>>WHY WOULD YOU USE IT
- Great for HD TV
- Great for those looks where you don’t want to see any noticeable texture to the skin
- Great for when you want a soft matte makeup look but still allow the skin to look like skin
- Great for no makeup makeup look on men. Men with great skin could use a little skin prep and this and he’s ready to go
- You would use it if you hate powder for certain clients
>>HOW TO USE IT
- Stipple it on the skin (that means pat it on the skin, don’t rub girl!)
- A little goes a long way but you can build it without fear of "cake face"
- You can apply over old makeup to revive it. Keep in your purse for those last minute cocktail hour or the walk of shame
*Most all skin types
>>NOT GOOD FOR*
Super oily skin types. This is a silicone infused product and oilier skins may not like the actual texture but it is absolutely ok for oily skin tones. If you love that tight powdery look and feel you may not like it. It’s a personal preference.
I actually tried it under makeup and got a really groovy look with it. Stipple a water based foundation on top and it looks really great!
Ingredients: Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PCA Dimethicone, Silica.
Have you tried Mally's Evercolor Powerless Face Defender? You should. It's pretty amazeballs!