GET THE LOOK: MOLLY'S CLASSIC WEDDING DAY MAKEUP STYLE
Of course we can drool over the images on Pintrest and magazines, but don't you want to see real bride's wedding day looks? I thought so. Here is our first post on "Get the Look: Real Wedding Makeup Series".
Today we have a few wedding photos from makeup artist Jae Lee Paredes. Jae is a makeup artist in Pittsburgh PA and we thought this bride looked so beautiful! I hope you love the mini feature!
From Jae: |
When Molly and I first ‘met’ (through email) I knew exactly what she wanted. When she was describing the look she had in mind, she told me that she had previously had her makeup done for her bachelorette party and thought it was a bit heavy for her taste. With confidence in our minds.. the deal was made, and with no preview to boot!
Creating a soft brown smokey eye with a glossy neutral lip is one of my favorite makeup applications for weddings. I feel the browns and other variation of browns give it the perfect smoke and always looks classic & timeless in photos. Here are the steps I took to recreate Molly's look.....
1. I first primed her with Embryolisse Lait Crème Concentre.
2. I then prepped her eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
3. For eyes I used the Marc Jacobs Palettes in The Lolita 206 and The Starlet 204 and created a soft brown smokey eye.
4. We lined her eyes in Urban Decay’s Demolition.
5. For lashes we applied Red Cherry 213 lashes for some added drama.
6. Brows were lightly filled in using Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Palette.
8. Added MAC’s Breath of Plum on the cheeks and highlighted with Nars Devotee. (Discontinued)
Now I'm not suggesting anyone skip doing their preview.. and going by our conversations and description of what she wanted.. I had to take a deep breath before revealing my work. I mean come on.. you never know what could happen.
She instantly cried out.. “This is EXACTLY what I wanted, thank you!”
Insert exhale here.....Good Golly Miss Molly.